Things all Madonna Students Know to be True
Going to school at Madonna University in Livonia, Michigan is a unique experience in the way it is such a small and cozy learning environment. The following is a list all Madonna students can relate to!
- When you first walk on campus for your class you immediately run into at least three friends or professors.
- Going for what should be a thirty second walk through the Take 5 and it ending up being a half an hour trek because you need to talk to all the familiar faces.
- Having to explain to outsiders Madonna is in fact not named after the pop star.
- Participating in service learning projects with University 1010 and other classes has changed your life.
- Becoming best friends with your cluster from University 1010.
- You don’t know the struggle of walking more than five minutes to get to a class because it’s a tiny campus.
- You have debated about what to call the Franciscan Center Gathering Space at least once… “The Fran,” “Franciscan Center,” “Stacks,” “Gathering Space,” and “FCS”are just a few.
- You appreciate the perk of free parking.
- You have become super close with your professors and peers within your major because the class sizes are so small.
- Seeing a nun or priest is the norm because it’s a Catholic school with strong Franciscan values.
- You know the Office of Student Life is constantly busy working on campus activities because there is always something going on.
- Being in many different activities at the same time because there are so many Registered Student Organizations offered.
- Nursing students are kind of a big deal around here… And Criminal Justice… and Sign Language Studies… and Broadcasting Cinema Arts… and Forensic Science… You could say our students are pretty cool.
- The Study Abroad Programs are a blast because you go to foreign places with a group of your best friends.
- You can probably recite the University’s mission statement at any given time because it was so ingrained in you at orientation.
- Speaking of orientation, the Office of First Year Experience Peer Mentors probably scared you with their enthusiasm but you loved it.
- Lastly, you know you made the right choice to come to Madonna because of the outstanding academics and lasting bonds from the institution!